Ruislip Manor was originally owned by King's College, Cambridge, as a part of the Manor of Ruislip.
At the turn of the 20th century, Ruislip Manor was undeveloped rural land until a halt was constructed in 1912 as part of the Metropolitan Railway running between Harrow and Uxbridge. The halt was subsequently upgraded to a station. George Ball later purchased 186 acres to the south of the railway line from King's College with construction of the new estate taking place between 1933 and 1939 under the Manor Homes name.
Manor Homes still make up the majority of housing in the area and are as popular today as they were in the 1930’s.
Ruislip Gardens and South Ruislip both directly adjoin Ruislip Manor and are located just to the North of the main A40 road between London and the West. Former RAF base, Northolt airport, is located here and is mainly used by private aircraft including flights by the Prime Minister and Government members and, on occasions, the Royal family.
Polish fighter pilots were based at RAF Northolt during the Battle of Britain and the Polish War Memorial was built later after the conflict. The memorial stands next to the A40 adjacent to the airfield, and is dedicated to the memory of the Polish airmen who fought with the RAF during the Second World War.
Both South Ruislip and Ruislip Gardens are served by the Central Line underground railway which provides a fast service into Central London. South Ruislip is also served by Chiltern Railways which is part of Network Rail national railway infrastructure.
The area offers a range of housing options and has several schools (for all ages) in both the public and private sectors. There is good local shopping and amenities such as parks and open spaces.